PROJECTS & EVENTS
BUSINESS OF THE QUARTER
Every quarter the Chamber's Board of Directors select a Chamber member to receive the Business of the Quarter plaque. The business is then featured in The Stokes News.
Chamber Checks gift certificates are valid at participating Chamber member businesses. The goal of this program is to encourage spending money locally. A list of participating businesses is included with each check. Chamber checks are used as also prizes for Chamber Events.
Each Monday Chamber members and other individuals receive an e-mail, fax or mailing informing them of current and upcoming local events. We currently distribute information in this manner to over 600 e-mail recipients.
ANNUAL GOLF TOURNAMENT
A Chamber fundraiser sponsored by member and non-member organizations, the Annual Golf Tournament is an afternoon complete with lunch, gifts and prizes-not to mention a Friday away from work!
BUSINESS BEFORE/AFTER HOURS
Hosted by a Chamber member, these events are a prime opportunity to network with other Chamber members in an informal setting.
ANNUAL AWARDS BANQUET
This traditional banquet honors a Business Leader of the Year and a Retired Community Leader of the Year. Future Business Leaders from the county high schools and from Forsyth Technical Community College are also recognized. Duke Energy began presenting an annual Duke Energy Citizenship and Service Award for an organization's community service at the 2005 banquet.
Coordinated by the Chamber staff and planning committee, and sponsored by the City of King and local organizations, KingFest is one of King's biggest community events! KingFest provides a day of family fun including food, live music, vendors, demonstrators, contests, a kid's area and more! KingFest is held on the first Saturday of October.
LUNCHEONS & DINNERS
The Chamber sponsors community awareness events throughout the year including Community Update Luncheons and Candidates Forums.
In coordination with Forsyth Technical Community College, the Chamber provides inexpensive training sessions called Lunch and Learn to local organizations and their staff.
- Chamber Checks program to encourage spending locally
- Diectory listing vcard with e-mail link and website link on Chamber website
- Business of the Quarter program
- Listing in Membership Directory & Buyer's Guide
- Your promotional items in New Resident Packets and Chamber office
- Member-only ads on new resident bags
- Cooperative sales promotions
- Member of the Week Spotlight feature in Monday Minute
- Inclusion on regional internet business search site
- Press releases and membership listings in The Stokes News
- Your events in the Chamber calendar, on the Chamber website
and in the Monday Minute weekly newsletter
- Complimentary ribbon-cutting ceremonies
- Complimentary stamps for certificates of origin
- Area fact sheets, business listings, telephone books, maps
- Lobbying / collective voice in city and county issues
- Publication of Monday Minute,
a weekly electronic newsletter
- Information about community goods, services and resources
- Membership plaque
- Membership Directory & Buyer's Guide
- One set of member mailing labels per year
- Reduced vendor, sponsor and participation fees
|Involvement & Networking Opportunities
- KingFest, a free family festival with activities for all
- Golf Tournament
- Annual Awards Banquet (Business Leader of the Year)
- Training Seminars, Community Update Luncheons
- Business Before/After Hours
- Board annual planning conference, Board meetings
- Chamber planning committees
- Annual Meeting held in January each year
Your membership is tax deductible!